Friday, April 25, 2014

CorningWare StoveTop 3L Casserole With Cover

CORNINGWARE STOVETOP PYROCERAM 3L CASSEROLE WITH GLASS COVER

Price: RM450

Size: 3L
Pattern: Just White, Simple Lines and Shadow Iris

Electric and gas stovetop safe.
Microwave and Dishwasher safe.
Broiler safe.

Just White

Simple Lines

Shadow Iris



Personal note:

Many years ago, I used to own a set of Pyroceram StoveTop casserole dish in Cornflower Blue. I used them so much for cooking on the stove and baking in the oven. They were so versatile, durable and long-lasting. They could even handle being placed in the freezer and then straight to the stove! I eventually gave them away because I grew bored looking at the old design. Little did I know that Corning actually had stopped making Pyroceram casserole dishes! I couldn't find them in any of the Corning stores.

Corning started making newer, more modern looking casserole dishes (made from [cheaper] stoneware and not Pyroceram) which a lot of people found less sturdy and not as multitalented as the original.

However, in recent years, CorningWare has started producing (limited additions of) Pyroceram StoveTop casserole dishes again, to the delight of CorningWare users and lovers. So, go get them now before they are retired again, who knows, right? I have to warn you though, they are expensive...



No comments:

Post a Comment